Iqra University – June 12, 2015 – Iqra University (IU) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA Global) signed a Memorandum of Understanding to promote Management/ Accountancy related Education, Research, and Training Methodologies.
Dr. U. A. G. Isani, President, Iqra University and Mr. Bradley Emerson, Regional Director- MESANA Region, CIMA signed the MoU to endorse the following points:
- To provide a faster track for Iqra University graduates to acquire both an accounting degree and CIMA professional qualification
- To prepare students for a challenging career as qualified professional accountants
- To enhance the quality of accounting education by incorporating professional requirements as appear in the changing world
- CIMA has awarded automatic exemptions to IU graduates (BBA-H) from the certificate level, following exemptions are confirmed:
CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting:
- C01 Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- C02 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- C03 Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- C04 Fundamentals of Business Economics
- C05 Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law
CIMA Operational level:
- E1 Organisational Management
- P1 Management Accounting
While addressing the gathering Mr. Emerson stated that students need professional qualifications in this competitive global market and this MoU will enable Iqra Graduates to attain exemptions in CIMA qualifications to shape their careers. Dr. Isani on the other hand highlighted the continuous efforts of Iqra University to groom graduates as per the requirement of the corporate sector.
Esteemed dignitaries from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and senior Academicians attended the ceremony to support this initiative for better development of Aspiring professionals.